- Legal (1)
- Finance (10)
- Government (6)
- Hospitality (4)
- Banking (8)
- Education (10)
- Human Resources (4)
- Insurance (1)
- Manufacturing (1)
- Professional Organisations (10)
- Technology (4)
- Health (3)
- Event Organisers (6)
- Tourism (1)
- Design (1)
- Nonprofit Organisations (1)
- Miscellaneous (7)
I had the pleasure of hearing Peter speak for the second time last week at our conference. Peter is such an inspiration. I like that he doesn't sugar coat anything, he is brutally honest yet so compassionate at the same time. If the silence in the room of around 150 people is anything to go by, I know I'm not the only one in my group who is deeply affected by hearing this man share his story. Thank you Peter, keep up the amazing work.
Posted on March 2013
Peter Baines is an inspiration to us all. The experience, skills and knowledge that he has gained from managing high pressure situations in disaster zones allows us to put our own "stressful" lives in perspective. We can all benefit from his simple yet engaging message, and we can be inspired by his stories of human courage and bravery!
Think Global Consulting
Posted on January 2006
I just wanted to tell you personally that your talk was the high point of the three days for me. I have thought of it often and am still stunned at the work that you and your colleagues do, and the level of commitment that you bring to the job. I was also impressed with your skill in presenting a difficult and emotional topic in such an impactful way. I have been a professional communicator for over 20 years and really appreciate the skill in others when I see it. And so much of what you had to say has lessons that can be used in the leadership work I do with our senior executives here at the CBA. I would have liked to say something to you at the end of the session but couldn't really trust myself to speak.
Commonwealth Bank Talent & Development
Posted on February 2006
When hearing Peter Baines keynote on Crisis Management I was alerted to a whole new world of issues - what we call crisis is often a small hitch!. Peter's ability to communicate and entertain while discussing such a vital message was engaging, the message and photos from the Thailand Tsunami and Bali bombing were something most people should never have to deal with - luckily people like Peter do deal with these issues and can bring back lessons learnt in times of extraordinary difficulty. The keynote was entertaining and inspiring and the message a vital to today's business leaders.
Posted on March 2006
I want to thank you Peter for an inspiring and incredible unique experience; no written speech,no "filling in" the time; it was real life for me and my husband. Sometimes it is not easy to put in words certain situations and this is one of these. All I can say is that we still talk about you. To say more? Lets just say you left us stunned.
Chamber of Commerce Partner, Rivera Associates
Posted on April 2006
I attended the CPA function yesterday and was lucky enough to hear you speak. I felt compelled to write a brief note to say how inspirational and moving it was to hear your personal experiences. It was such an honest account and I felt almost distressed at some of your stories. It is great to see an ordinary (or rather extraordinary) Australian play such an instrumental role when disaster strikes.
NSW Crime Commission
Posted on June 2006
Just wanted to say how much my colleagues and I enjoyed your presentation at the AMP conference. It was by far the best one at the conference and should probably have been on on the Wednesday at the main plenary session as it was the most inspirational and should have been seen by all the conference delegates. I and many of those that came to see you were raving about you for a long time after... we cried and laughed and came out feeling truly inspired and uplifted (and also a bit inadequate for what little we do to help others!) ...
Posted on January 2008
- Peter Baines certainly has an inspirational story to tell - and he tells it very well. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him and appreciate the detailed preparation to ensure that the key messages from our businesses were appropriately referenced in the presentation.
Elders Financial Services, Adelaide
Posted on January 2009
- Peter Baines was amazingly inspirational. Thank you for the opportunity to be in the room. How could you not want to go out and make a world a better place after that!
Institute of Chartered Accountants, Perth
Posted on January 2009
- I have just returned from the AXA conference where I found Peter's presentation extremely moving - I get teary when I tell others about it. Thank you for making our conference somthing special.
- Inspiration comes in many forms sometimes in nature, sometimes in human form and your presentation combines the power of both. For me, it highlighted that human decency shines through in the end and that the little things we forget more often means the most. I did actually run straight out of the presentation and told my partner I love her, as I now do at every chance I get. I have been a leader on the sporting field and off it but now I realise what true leadership is all about. I carry your message with me to spread it freely and do hope one day that I am fortunate to cross your path again. I am certain your charity will benefit directly from me and can only say thank you to you and your family for all the work you do and sacrifices you make (and continue to make). Thank you.
AXA Financial Planning
Posted on April 2010